FLATE Fellowship Opportunities at HI-TEC 2010
1.Full time faculty in secondary or post-secondary public institutions who teach courses in the technologies above
2. Submit signed application for agreeing to participate in post conference surveys and curriculum development activities.
NOTE: Fellows are required to attend sessions both days and report on sessions attended (July 28-29). Transportation is not included. By accepting a FLATE Fellowship, the Fellow or Fellow’s institution agrees to pay for travel, any additional meals and incidentals associated with attending HI-TEC, and any additional lodging beyond the nights specified above.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Upon acceptance as a Fellow
1. Register for the conference with the registration code provided with your acceptance notification by May 20, 2010. No workshops or tour costs are covered by this fellowship.
2. Make your hotel reservations by May 20, 2010. If eligible for hotel rooms, FLATE will ONLY pay for Tuesday and Wednesday nights (7/27 and 7/28) on a master account. Any additional nights as well as incidentals are not covered.
3.Attend the entire two-day HI-TEC conference July 27-28 (all Fellows), arriving by 4:00 pm Tuesday.
4.Attend the Florida Welcome Session on Tuesday July 27 at 4:45-6:00 pm and bring materials for a table top display of your college’s technical programs inclusive of any listed on the first page. Leave materials for display during the open exhibit hours July 28-29. (Tables will be moved from the Welcome Session to the exhibit hall).
5.Complete all required conference and session evaluations for the conference and individual sessions.
6. Complete and return short surveys regarding potential usage of the HI-TEC materials after the conference and during the year,
7. Submit at least one classroom activity, lesson, or module created as a result of attending HI-TEC to FLATE for dissemination.
NOTE: Registrations or reservations altered by the Fellow or Fellow’s institution for which charges are incurred, will be the responsibility of the Fellow or Fellow’s institution. Hotel reservations are subject to the hotel cancellation policy. HI-TEC conference and preconference workshop registrations are subject to the HITEC cancellation policy.
HI-TEC is a national conference on advanced technical education where technical educators, counselors, industry professionals and technicians can update their knowledge and skills in the following technology areas: Advanced Manufacturing Technologies • Agricultural, Environmental & Energy Technologies •Biomanufacturing • Biotechnology • Chemical & Process Technologies • Engineering Technologies • Geospatial Technologies • Information, Communications, and Security Technologies • Learning and Evaluation • Micro- & Nanotechnologies.
Addtionally the event uniquely explores the convergence of scientific disciplines and technologies like:
• Geographic Information Systems and Agricultural Technology
• Information and Communications Technologies, Biotechnology, and Cybersecurity
• Manufacturing, Engineering Technology, and Telecommunications
• Microsystems, Nanotechnology, and Biotechnology
Visit www.highimpact-tec.org for event information. For specific questions, contact Marilyn Barger, email@example.com or 813.259.6578.