2019 Distinguished Manufacturing Service
Recognition Program FLATE Awards
Nominations are now open!
FLATE Distinguished Manufacturing Service Recognition Program, now hosted by FAITE, brings recognition to both secondary and post-secondary educators as well as recognizes key personnel for outstanding contributions to promote technology education and career awareness in support of manufacturing. This award includes nominees working in any manufacturing area such as economic development, industry, education and administration.
Award winners are selected from submitted nominations from around the state. FLATE awards are judged by an awards committee made up of industry representative of our FLATE Industry Advisory Committee and FAITE.
The awards committee reserves the right to select award recipients that do not meet FACTE’s membership requirements.
- 2019 FLATE Distinguished Manufacturing Secondary Educator-of-the-Year Award (see award criteria)
- 2019 FLATE Distinguished Manufacturing Post-Secondary Educator-of-the-Year Award (see award criteria)
- 2019 FLATE Distinguished Partner Manufacturing Service Award (see award criteria)
Awards Timeline – see flyer
- December, 2019– Awards criteria published at fl-ate.awards and FACTE.org
- April 12, 2019 – Online Nomination form I . To be completed by nominators.
- May 1, 2019 – Online Nomination form II . To be completed by nominees.
- May 1, 2019 – Nominations close.
- May 31, 2019 – Award selections are made by FLATE IAC and FAITE award Committee.
- June 4, 2019 – Award recipients and principal nominators are notified of their selection.
- July 16, 2019 – Awards presented during The 53 rd Annual FACTE Conference & Trade Show held at:
The Renaissance Orlando at Sea World – 6677 Sea Harbor Dr, Orlando, FL 32821 (Map)
For more information about FLATE Awards visit FL-ate.org and FACTE.org
2018 FLATE – FAITE Awards
Congratulations to the 2018 FLATE Award Winners!
FLATE and the Florida Association for Career and Technical Education (FACTE) are pleased to announce the recipients of the 2018 FLATE Awards! The Awards represent FLATE’s efforts to recognize leaders who have been at the forefront of manufacturing workforce education and training. This is the tenth year of the awards program, and is one of FLATE’s many efforts to showcase and recognize the contributions of educators and industries in advancing technician education and training on a regional and statewide level.
The 2018 FLATE Award Recipients are:
Ted M. Missildine, Teacher at Freeport High School, will receive the Secondary Educator of the Year Award.
Shirley Dobbins, Instructor for the Engineering Technology degree at Hillsborough Community College will receive the Post-Secondary Educator of the Year Award.
A. Vossberg , President of Electron Machine will receive Distinguished Partner Manufacturing Service Award of the Year.
For more information on the 2018 Awardees read the FLATE Focus Article.