Engineering Technology Forum
The Florida Forum on Engineering Technology (E.T. Forum) is an important vehicle to bring together the diverse and geographically dispersed colleges with common issues and challenges. The Forum is a semiannual 2-day meeting of community college engineering technologies faculty in Florida. FLATE utilizes the Forum to strengthen its Technology Consortium; share its activities and projects; provide professional development; bring industry and academics together; engage faculty and administrators in statewide curriculum reform; and keep in touch with new and ongoing college program issues and concerns. The ET Forum has me thirty-four times since 1996 at 20 different colleges around the state.
E.T. Forum Impacts
- Led curriculum reform for statewide associate degree programs
- Provided a foundation for strong partnerships between colleges
- Started reform and reorganization of common course numbering for relevant courses
- Unified input to Perkins IV state implementation plan
- Supported CAPE and other CTE legislation
Need More Information?
The ET Forum has met thirty-four times since 1996 at 20 different colleges around the state. You can find ET Forum presentations and resource files on FLATE’s Wiki, filed by year.
Upcoming E.T. Forum Meeting
Date: March 30-31, 2017
3094 Indian Cir, Marianna, FL 32446
Previous E.T. Forum Meetings:
Sept 22-23, 2016
Daytona State College ATC Center http://www.daytonastate.edu/
Mar 31-April 1, 2016
- ET Forum was held at Lake Sumter State College, Sumterville, FL
September 24-25, 2015
- FALL 2015 (35th) ET Forum – held at Valencia College (Orlando)
- DRAFT Agenda 071015 (including hotel information)
April 8-10, 2015
Key West Community College, Key West FL Please join us in Key West for this very special 34th Forum.
- Invitation Letter
- Link to online ET Forum Registration
- ET Forum Online Hotel Reservation
You can find meeting files, presentations and handouts from this very special 34th Forum on FLATE’s Wiki.
[hana-code-insert name=’etforum’ /]