Engineering Technology Forum
The Florida Forum on Engineering Technology (E.T. Forum) is an important vehicle to bring together the diverse and geographically dispersed colleges with common issues and challenges. The Forum is a semiannual 2-day meeting of community college engineering technologies faculty in Florida. FLATE utilizes the Forum to strengthen its Technology Consortium; share its activities and projects; provide professional development; bring industry and academics together; engage faculty and administrators in statewide curriculum reform; and keep in touch with new and ongoing college program issues and concerns.
Upcoming E.T. Forum
Fall ET Forum Info:
- Location: Seminole State College
- Dates: Thursday and Friday October 17-18
E.T. Forum Impacts
- Led curriculum reform for statewide associate degree programs
- Provided a foundation for strong partnerships between colleges
- Started reform and reorganization of common course numbering for relevant courses
- Unified input to Perkins IV state implementation plan
- Supported CAPE and other CTE legislation
Need More Information?
The ET Forum has met thirty-nine times since 1996 at 21 different colleges around the state. You can find ET Forum presentations and resource files on FLATE’s Wiki, filed by year.
Previous E.T. Forum Meetings:
Date: March 28-29, 2019 – Suncoast Technical College, Sarasota, FL
Date: November 1-2, 2018 – St Petersburg College, St Petersburg, FL
April 12-13, 2018 – South Florida State College, Avon Park, FL
September 21-22, 2017 – College of Central Florida (www.cf.edu)
March 30-31, 2017 – Chipola College
Sept 22-23, 2016 – Daytona State College
Mar 31-April 1, 2016 – Lake Sumter State College
Learn more about Chipola College in the video below.
More information, presentations files, handouts, etc can be found on FLATE’s wiki filed by year behind the presentation button.