Engineering and Robotics Summer Camps at HCC- Brandon Campus
Science Foundation Center for high-tech manufacturing is partnering with Hillsborough Community College (HCC), the School District of Hillsborough County and local manufacturers to offer several robotics camps this summer. The camps are in the student services building at HCC’s Brandon campus, and are designed to enhance campers’ skills needed to succeed in manufacturing, robotics and other STEM related careers. Cost for each, week-long camp is $150.
Schedule and list of camp offerings include:
- June 17- 21: Introductory Camp for Middle School GIRLS ONLY!
- June 24-28: Introductory Camp for ALL Middle School students
- July 9-12: Introductory Camp for ALL Middle School students
- July 15-19: Intermediate Robotics & Engineering Camp (A) for middle school students
- July 22-26: Intermediate Robotics & Engineering Camp (B) for middle school students
- July 29-Aug.2: Engineering Camp for ALL High School students
Curriculum for all the camps comprises of a mixture of Lego® educational materials that are integrated with Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) subjects and modern manufacturing, and are conducted in a competitive problem-solving environment. Campers will tour various local high-tech manufacturing facilities, and develop increased problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills, and teamwork and communications strategies. To register for the camps visit www.fl-ate.org/projects/camps.html, and www.madeinflorida.org. You can also contact Desh Bagley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pictures from 2012 Camps